Following the release of Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty with DLSS 3.5, we’ve started seeing modders implement the technology in the ray-tracing preset of the game. In case you weren’t aware, DLSS 3.5 can only be enabled when using Path Tracing in the latest version of Cyberpunk 2077. This allows users to take advantage of Ray Reconstruction without enabling the highly performance-intensive path-tracing setting.
DLSS 3.5, or Ray Reconstruction, helps in a more accurate rendering of ray-tracing effects when using temporal upscalars like DLSS. The mod comes from a Reddit user who discovered that a simple json file edit allows the use of DLSS 3.5 with traditional ray-tracing. The steps to enable the same are as follows:
- Launch Cyberpunk 2077, enable Ray Tracing and DLSS Super Resolution (in other words apply your preferable settings).
- Exit the game and go to your %LOCALAPPDATA%\CD Projekt Red\Cyberpunk 2077 and open the UserSettings.json file.
- Search for “DLSS_D”, set the “value” and “default_value” from “false” to “true”.
- Save the config file and set it as “read only”.
- Launch the game and play with Ray Tracing and DLSS Ray Reconstruction.