Intel is the first discrete graphics card manufacturer to release the day-0 graphics driver for Avalanche’s upcoming game “Hogwarts Legacy”. The Arc graphics driver 101.4123 beta includes performance optimizations for the first major title from the Harry Potter franchise, plus Returnal, a Sony PS5 exclusive headed to PC soon.
The change notes for the driver don’t include any specific points related to Hogwarts Legacy other than the Game Ready mark. They are as follows:
- Red Dead Redemption 2 (Vulkan) may experience an application crash in benchmark mode when Screen Type is Fullscreen.
- Halo Infinite (DX12) may exhibit color corruption during gameplay when Reflections settings are enabled.
- Sea of Thieves (DX11) may exhibit color corruption on water edges.
- Conqueror’s Blade (DX11) may exhibit corruption in benchmark mode.
- The system may hang while waking up from sleep. May need to power cycle the system for recovery.
- GPU hardware acceleration may not be available for media playback and encoding with some versions of Adobe Premiere Pro.
- Blender may exhibit corruption while using the Nishita Sky texture node.
Additionally, today’s GeForce graphics driver (v.528.49) lacks any mention of Hogwarts Legacy.