Recording your screen and webcam can be a useful tool in many situations. Whether you are making a tutorial video, conducting an online interview, or recording a video conference call, being able to record both your screen and webcam can help you communicate more effectively with your audience.
In this article, we will show you how to record screen and webcam together in Windows 10 using two different software options.
Why does a professional PC screen recorder matter?
Recording screen and webcam on your PC allows you to create engaging and informative content. Here are some of the different scenarios where screen recorder for PC can be helpful.
- Tutorials: If you want to create a tutorial video, being able to record both your screen and webcam allows you to show your audience what you are doing on your computer while also providing a face-to-face element.
- Online Interviews: If you are conducting an online interview, being able to record both your screen and webcam can help you capture the conversation and facial expressions of both parties.
- Video Conferencing: Recording video conferencing sessions can be helpful for review purposes or for sharing with others who were unable to attend the meeting.
- Gaming: If you are a gamer, recording your screen and webcam together can help you create gameplay videos or tutorials to share with your audience.
How to Record Screen and Webcam with a Screen Recording Software?
There are several different software options available for recording your screen and webcam together in Windows 10. We will focus on two options: iTop Screen Recorder Free and OBS Studio.
iTop Screen Recorder
iTop Screen Recorder is a free screen recording software that offers a variety of features for Windows users. With iTop Screen Recorder, you can record any part of your screen with audio and webcam and create stunning videos with the built-in advanced editor.
Follow these steps to record your screen on Windows 10 using iTop Screen Recorder:
- Download and install iTop Screen Recorder on your Windows 10 or other Windows versions.
- Once installed, open iTop Screen Recorder and set up your preferences. Click on “Settings” to adjust the video size, format, frame rate, and quality. You can also set the audio format and frame rate here.
- To start recording your screen on Windows 10, click on the red circle record button. Alternatively, you can press the hotkey F9 to begin recording. There will be no lag during the recording. If you need to pause the recording, press F10. To stop the recording, press F9.
- Once you have ended the recording, the video will be saved automatically. You can find all of your recorded videos under the video list. To edit a video, simply click on the edit icon.
Additional Features of iTop Screen Recorder
In addition to recording your screen and webcam, iTop Screen Recorder Free also has several other features that can be helpful in creating high-quality videos. Here are a few of the other features that iTop Screen Recorder Free offers:
- Record Any Area of Computer Screen: iTop Screen Recorder Free allows you to record any area of your computer screen, whether it’s a full-screen video or just a small window.
- High FPS Game Recording Mode With No Lag: If you are a gamer, iTop Screen Recorder Free has a high FPS game recording mode that allows you to record your gameplay without any lag.
- Blur and Customize Video Background: If you want to blur your background or add a custom background to your video, iTop Screen Recorder Free allows you to do so.
- Capture Screenshot: In addition to recording video, iTop Screen Recorder Free also allows you to capture screenshots of your screen with just one click.
- Denoiser for Best Sound Effect: iTop Screen Recorder Free also has a built-in denoiser that helps remove background noise and improve the quality of your audio.
OBS Studio is free and open-source software that allows you to record both your screen and webcam together. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to use it:
- Download and install OBS Studio on your Windows 10 computer.
- Launch OBS Studio and click the “+” button under the “Sources” section.
- Select “Display Capture” from the drop-down menu and click “OK.”
- In the “Properties” window, select the display that you want to record.
- Next, click the “+” button again and select “Video Capture Device.”
- In the “Properties” window, select your webcam from the drop-down menu.
- Once you have added both the display capture and video capture device, click the “Start Recording” button to begin recording.
- While you are recording, you can use the “Pause” and “Stop” buttons to control the recording.
- Once you have finished recording, you can save your video to your computer in a variety of different formats, including MP4, MOV, and FLV.
Recap of the Different Methods and Tips
There are several different software options available for recording your screen and webcam together in Windows 10, including iTop Screen Recorder Free and OBS Studio.
When using either of these software options, there are a few tips to keep in mind to ensure that your recordings are of the highest quality:
- Make sure you have good lighting: If you are using your webcam to record yourself, make sure you are in a well-lit area to ensure that your face is visible.
- Use a high-quality microphone: If you are recording audio, make sure you are using a high-quality microphone to ensure that your voice is clear and easy to understand.
- Choose the right recording area: When recording your screen, make sure you choose the right recording area to ensure that your audience can see everything they need to.
Recording your screen and webcam together can be a powerful tool in many situations, from creating tutorial videos to conducting online interviews. By using software options like iTop Screen Recorder Free, you can easily record both your screen and webcam together in Windows 10.
Remember to follow the tips we’ve outlined to ensure that your recordings are of the highest quality. With these tools and tips in hand, you’ll be able to create engaging and informative content that will impress your audience.