CPUsNews

AMD’s Epyc Data Center Revenue Share Rises to 27%, Intel Stands at ~73% (Down 20% Since 2020)

AMD and Intel reported disappointing revenue figures last week. The former registered a flat quarter in the Data Center segment, while the latter was in the red with less than zero operating revenue. The client markets were a disaster for both vendors, but the data center kept AMD from the deep. As per the x86 data center revenue share, AMD is in a much more comfortable position than Intel:

Source: Twitter

Since 2020, AMD’s x86 Data Center revenue share has quadrupled, rising from just ~7% to 27.2% last quarter. In comparison, Intel dropped from 93.3% to 72.8% in the same time interval as the operating income plummeted to zero.

According to analysts, AMD should conquer over 30% of the data center market by the end of the year, leaving Intel with less than 70%. The launch of Epyc Genoa, Genoa-X, and Bergamo should significantly buoy AMD’s efforts in the data center segment. In addition, there’s also a low-cost Zen 4 lineup, codename Siena, planned for the second half of the year.

Source: Twitter

The client segment is looking solid for Intel. Its revenue is roughly the same as what was reported back in 2020. The same holds true for AMD, but that’s not something to brag about. Team Red consolidated its PC share to 22% last year but all those gains were lost in the last couple of quarters. AMD will increase its focus on the notebook market in the coming years with a slew of Zen 4/Zen 5 lineups in the pipeline. Intel plans to launch its 14th Gen Meteor Lake-P processors later this year, followed by Lunar Lake (and Arrow Lake) in 2024-25.

Areej Syed

Processors, PC gaming, and the past. I have been writing about computer hardware for over seven years with more than 5000 published articles. Started off during engineering college and haven't stopped since. Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Divinity, Torment, Baldur's Gate and so much more... Contact: areejs12@hardwaretimes.com
Back to top button