Just as AMD announced the announcement date for the Navi 2x (RDNA 2) graphics card, NVIDIA has hinted at the hard launch of the RTX 3070. As per an announcement on the GeForce forums, the RTX 3070 will hit retail on the 15th of October, just about 2 weeks ahead of the potential Navi 2x launch.
While the specs for the RTX 3080 and 3070 are known, and so are the official performance figures, we still have no idea about the real-world performance of these graphics cards. To make matters worse, the review embargo for the RTX 3080 FE cards has been pushed from 14th to 16th October.
To welcome, AMD’s 2nd Gen RDNA graphics cards, NVIDIA is also prepping the RTX 3060 Ti for launch, with roughly the same levels of performance as the RTX 3070 at $100 less. Here’s a summary of the Ampere family:
GA102 – 84 SM @ 384 Bit GDDR6X
- GeForce RTX 3090 – 82 SM @ 384 bit, 24 GB GDDR6X, 350W TDP, $ 1499
- GeForce RTX 3080 – 68 SM @ 320 bit, 10 GB GDDR6X, 320W TDP, $ 699
GA104 – 48 SM @ 256 Bit GDDR6
- GeForce RTX 3070 Ti – 48 SM @ 256-bit, 16 GB GDDR6, 250W TDP, $549
- GeForce RTX 3070 – 46 SM @ 256 bit, 8 GB GDDR6, 220W TDP, $ 499
- GeForce RTX 3060 Ti – 38 SM @ 256 bit, 8 GB GDDR6, 180W TDP, $ 399?
- NVIDIA RTX 3060 Ti Specs Leak Out: 4,864 Shaders and 8GB of GDDR6 to Welcome Navi 2x
- AMD Navi 2x Graphics Card Spotted on Ashes Escalation Benchmark