NVIDIA today announced its mobility RTX Super GPUs, including the just-launched GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER and 2070 SUPER GPUs for laptops. The new gaming laptops featuring the RTX 2060-powered laptops start at just $999. Max-Q has been upgraded to make the newer laptops thinner and lighter than ever. Some of the other core features of the new mobile Supers are:
- Dynamic Boost —Intelligently and automatically balances power between the GPU and CPU on a per-frame basis, boosting overall in-game performance. Dynamic Boost is automatic, adaptive and always working to deliver more performance without increasing system power consumption.
- Low-Voltage GDDR6—NVIDIA has worked with its memory partners to increase memory efficiency while delivering high performance with new lower voltage GDDR6 memory.
- Advanced Optimus—Advanced Optimus® controls which GPU is driving the display and intelligently determines the right GPU for the right workload at the right time, dynamically switching on the fly without needing a system reboot. The new lineup of Lenovo™Legion™laptops is the world’s first to feature this groundbreaking technology.
- Next-Generation Regulator Efficiency—Next-generation voltage regulators help optimize system design so the GPU runs more efficiently while delivering higher overall performance.
- Deep Learning Super Sampling 2.0—Powered by dedicated AI processors on RTX GPUs called Tensor Cores, DLSS 2.0 is an improved deep learning neural network that boosts frame rates while generating beautiful, sharp images for games.
RTX Studio Empowers Creators with New Laptops NVIDIA also announced 10 new RTX Studio laptops, powered by RTX SUPER GPUs and the latest Intel 10th-generation processors. Available from Acer, Gigabyte, MSI, and Razer, the laptops are the ultimate solution for creators seeking unmatched video and 3D performance. More than 45 of the top creative applications —such as Adobe Premiere Pro, DaVinci Resolve, AutoDesk Arnold, Blender and many more —all feature RTX acceleration by the RT Cores in RTX GPUs.
Pricing and Availability
The availability of new RTX Gaming and Studio laptops starts the week of April 15th from multiple partners globally, with more coming in May. Specific SKUs, configurations, and pricing will vary based on region and partner availability but will include designs from Acer, ASUS, Clevo, Dell, Gigabyte, HP, Lenovo, MSI, Razer and more. RTX 2060-powered laptops starting at $999 include the Acer Nitro 5, ASUS ROG Strix G15, HP Omen 15, MSI GF65 Thin, the Lenovo Legion Y540 and 5i and the MSI GF65 Thin, with more to be announced later.