GPUsNews

NVIDIA and AMD’s GPU Market Share Grows as Discrete Graphics Cards Become More Popular

This year was a very successful one for most chipmakers despite the semiconductor shortages. AMD and NVIDIA were two of the fastest-growing companies in Silicon Valley over the last several quarters. Much of this can be attributed to the growing demand for graphics processors, most notably discrete graphics cards over the last few months. According to a report from JPR, the discrete GPU market grow by 11% compared to the previous quarter.

Overall, the GPU attach rate (including integrated and discrete GPUs, desktop, notebook, and workstations) grew to 125% in Q3 2021, from 117.5% in Q2 2021, recording a growth of 7.6% QoQ. On the downside, the PC CPU market decreased by 23% QoQ in anticipation of the holiday season while seeing a growth of 9.2% year YoY.

Q2’20Q2’21Q3’21
AMD20%17%17%
Nvidia80%83%83%

In the discrete GPU market, the market remained more or less the same, with NVIDIA dominating with the vast majority of the market at 83%, and AMD clinging onto the remaining 17%. Things should change drastically over the next 12-16 months as both companies released their next-generation products, marking a significant increase in performance for both consumers and data centers.

Via: JPR

Areej

Computer hardware enthusiast, engineering dropout, and PC gamer. Former co-founder of Techquila (2017-2019), a fairly successful tech outlet. Been working on Hardware Times since 2019, an outlet dedicated to computer hardware and its applications.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Back to top button