AMD has finally fixed the high idle power consumption bug plaguing its Radeon RX 7000 series GPUs. The AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 23.7.1 fixes a number of long-pending issues on the RDNA 3 graphics cards, including the high idle power consumption bug encountered when using select 4K 144Hz or multi-monitor setups.
Intermittent memory corruption issues while playing WWE 2K23 on certain Radeon GPUs, such as the RX 7900 XTX. Performance drops in VR games, including occasional stuttering on the Radeon RX 7000 series GPUs, have also been fixed. Intermittent corruption on the Radeon RX 6800 XT while playing Nioh 2 has also gotten a fix. You can find the log of fixes and impending issues below:
- Certain virtual reality games or applications may encounter suboptimal performance or occasional stuttering on Radeon™ RX 7000 series GPUs.
- Application crash or driver timeout may be observed during playback of AV1 video content using DaVinci Resolve™ Studio.
- Improvements to high idle power when using select 4k@144Hz FreeSync enabled displays or multimonitor display configurations (such as 4k@144HZ or 4k@120Hz + 1440p@60Hz display) using on Radeon™ RX 7000 series GPUs.
- Intermittent corruption may be observed playing WWE 2K23™ on some AMD Graphics Products, such as the Radeon™ RX 7900 XTX.
- Intermittent corruption may be observed after switching windows while playing Nioh 2™ on some AMD Graphics Products, such as the Radeon™ RX 6800 XT.
- Application crashes may be intermittently observed while playing RuneScape™ on some AMD Graphics Products, such as the Radeon™ RX 5700 XT.
- Intermittent corruption may be observed around some player models while playing Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA Mega Mix+™ on some AMD Graphics Products, such as the Radeon™ RX 6900 XT.
- Stuttering may be observed while playing Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare® II with Radeon™ Anti-Lag enabled. As a temporary solution, users encountering this are recommended to disable the Anti-Lag in the per-game settings.
- Performance Metrics Overlay may report N/A for FPS on various games.
- Display signal may be lost after switching windows on certain Adaptive-Sync enable displays on some AMD Graphics Products, such as the Radeon™ RX 7900 XTX.
- Higher than expected GPU Memory Utilization when using certain Record and Stream settings such as Instant Replay.