GamingGPUsNews

Latest GPU Market Sales Indicate that NVIDIA Indeed Halted RTX 30 Series Production

Earlier this month, it was reported that NVIDIA would be halting (or reducing) the production of its Ampere graphics cards to prevent a sudden price recession in the market. Well, fifteen days have passed since that post was published and it looks like MLID’s sources were on point. NVIDIA’s RTX 30 series cards, most notably the higher-end RTX 3080 and 3090 have pretty much disappeared from most online retailers.

The first indicator is Mindfactory’s week 43 GPU sales figures. For the first time (in forever), AMD has managed to overtake NVIDIA with a market share of 75%, leaving NVIDIA will less than 25%. The average sales usually put the latter in the lead with a share of over 60%, and AMD under 40%, so this sudden change is definitely suspicious, and more than just a mere coincidence.

And now have a look at the top-selling Radeon and GeForce cards at MindFactory:

Radeon Top 4 Selling Brand Line!

  1. RX 6600 = 745 units
  2. RX 6800XT = 180 units.
  3. RX 6900XT = 35 Units.
  4. RX 6800 = 10 Units

Nvidia Top 4 Selling Brand Lines!

  1. RTX 3070 8GB = 400 Units.
  2. RTX 3080 TI 12GB = 95 Units.
  3. GTX 1050 TI = 60 Units
  4. RTX 3070 TI 8GB = 30 Units

While the top-end Navi 2x parts (RX 6800 XT and 6900XT) both rank higher up, NVIDIA’s RTX 3080 and 3090 are nowhere to be seen. The RTX 3070 is the top-selling card, followed by the RTX 3080 Ti, and the GTX 1050 Ti. The 3080 Ti being at #2 likely boils down to it being a recent launch: more shipments over the last month.

Similar trends can be observed over at Newegg and Overclockers UK (one of the UK’s largest retailers). While Newegg does have a few GeForce RTX 3080s and 3090s, there are far more Radeon RX 6000 GPUs, including the 6900 XT and the 6800 XT. NVIDIA seems to be pushing the RTX 3070 and 3060 Ti for some reason across most markets.

Things are much worse at Overclockers UK. Most RTX 3080s and 3090s are out of stock, with a few 3060 Tis and 3070s being available for over-inflated prices. It’s unclear how long this drought will last, but hopefully, it’ll alleviate a bit before the holiday season begins in full swing.

Source: Reddit

Areej

Computer Engineering dropout (3 years), writer, journalist, and amateur poet. I started my first technology blog, Techquila while in college to address my hardware passion. Although largely successful, it was a classic example of too many people trying out multiple different things but getting nothing done. Left in late 2019 and been working on Hardware Times ever since.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button