CPUsNews

Intel’s Revenue from German CPU Market Falls to 8 Month Low: 14% vs AMD’s 86% [MindFactory]

According to the latest Mindfactory stats compiled by Reddit user Ingebor, AMD accounted for a massive 86% of the total revenue in December, leaving Intel with the remaining 14%, the lowest since April last year. Although the number of CPUs sold isn’t that low for Intel (17% vs just 9% in April), the fact that the ASP increased for AMD meant that the overall revenue was much higher for Team Red.

Among the two chipmakers, the Ryzen 7 3700X was the best-selling product, followed by the Ryzen 5 5600X. However, in terms of revenue, the latter brought in the most dough, followed by the Ryzen 7 5800X and finally the 3700X. Intel’s most sold CPU was the Core i5-10400F, followed by the Core i7-10700K, with the latter being more profitable.

Looking at the number of CPUs sold per generation, for AMD, Vermeer accounted for just 26% of the overall sales but the wider profit margins meant that it brought it 43% of the total revenue. For Intel, Comet Lake was the de-facto family both in terms of the units sold and the revenue.

Here’s the interesting part. The below chart shows how the ASP has nudged in AMD’s favor with the launch of the Ryzen 5000 CPUs:

Before Vermeer, AMD’s ASP was under 250 Euros while Intel stayed comfortably close to the 300 Euro mark. Post Vermeer launch, AMD’s average sales price has climbed up to 318 Euros while Intel has plummeted down to 215 Euros. It’s no surprise that the latter wants to launch the Rocket Lake-S desktop CPUs as soon as possible.

Areej

Computer Engineering dropout (3 years), writer, journalist, and amateur poet. I started Techquila while in college to address my hardware passion. Although largely successful, it suffered from many internal weaknesses. Left and now working on Hardware Times, a site purely dedicated to.Processor architectures and in-depth benchmarks. That's what we do here at Hardware Times!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Back to top button