Popular hardware monitoring tool HWiNFO has added preliminary support for Intel’s upcoming 16th Gen Panther Lake and 17th Gen Nova Lake processors. These chips are years from launch, the 16th Gen expected in late 2025, and the 17th Gen in 2026. Preliminary support tends to trickle in early on after the existence of the architecture or SKU is confirmed by the manufacturer. In addition to these future Core Ultra CPUs, preliminary support for the 2nd Gen Arc Battlemage and 3rd Gen Celestial has also been added.
HWiNFO being a third-party tool, its updates and update notes don’t reflect the progress of a platform or lineup in any way. Often, this data is collected from the rumor mill (more reasonable ones) and added ahead of the official launch or confirmation. Proper support, including enhanced support, comes closer to the release.
HWiNFO, Latest v7.70.
- Added preliminary support of future Intel integrated GPUs: Panther Lake, Nova Lake.
- Added preliminary support of future Intel discrete GPUs: Battlemage, Celestial.
- Fixed a possible drive disconnect on ASMedia ASM1051 USB-SATA Bridge.
- Improved SMBus access synchronization.
- Added NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 D and RTX 4080 SUPER.
- Added support of JMicron USB-NVMe controllers.
- Added ability to define a hot key to reset sensor values.
- Improved reporting of memory timings on Intel SNB, IVT, HSX, BDX, SKX.
- Improved support of Realtek and JMicron USB-NVMe bridges.
- Added NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4070 SUPER and RTX 4070 Ti SUPER.
- Added reporting of per-CPU memory timings.
- Enhanced fan speed monitoring on some ASUS laptops.
- Several minor updates and fixes.
- Added German Manual in the installer package.
- Added AMD Radeon RX 7600 XT.
- Non-English HWiNFO64 produces UTF-8 encoded sensor log.