As per the store page on the PS store, Gran Turismo 7 will run at an impressive 4K 60 FPS with support for ray-tracing and HDR on the PS5. The game appears to be using all the new features of the next-gen consoles. These include super-fast load times thanks to the PCIe Gen 4 SSD, 3D Audio, ray-tracing, haptic feedback, and adaptive triggers.
Gran Turismo’s PS5 features:
- Stunning visuals: Marvel at rendering quality through ray tracing, with support for 4K, HDR, and a targeted 60 FPS frame rate.
- Fast loading: Go to race events quickly, gather in lobbies, and receive friend invites extremely quickly with an ultra-high-speed SSD. Select from a huge variety of cars with no load times.
- Adaptive triggers: Feel the contrast in brake pedal weight at different sensitivity ranges, the vibrations from the ABS, and variation in throttle pedal weight on different types of cars.
- Haptic feedback: Experience the feeling of tire contact with the road, and subtle bumps on the road surface.
- Tempest 3D AudioTech: Sense the position of other cars and drivers around you through sound. Hear clear 3D Audio positioning and spatial expression of depth and height in replays.
From what I can tell, you’ll be able to choose between 4K 60 FPS or 1440p 60 FPS with ray-tracing. The first bullet point clearly mentions that ray-tracing will be a primary rendering feature, but doesn’t say whether it’ll be leveraged at 1080p or 4K. There’s support for 4K and HDR, as in, they’re available, not the default settings. Furthermore, the targeted 60 FPS line means that you’ll be able to choose between different resolutions at 60 FPS, rather than 30 or 60 FPS at a given resolution.