The fourth expansion pack for Final Fantasy XIV Online, dubbed Endwalker is finally here. Alongside numerous additions to the main story and side-quests, it also enhances the visual fidelity of the game, and with that comes an increased set of system requirements. Considering that FFXIV has been out for more than a decade now, these updated requirements are quite lofty.
While the minimum requirements (for 720p) are quite gullible, demanding a 7th Gen Core i5, 4GB of DDR4 memory, and a GeForce GTX 750 or a Radeon R7 260X, the 1080p requirements are a big step up, requiring a Core i7-9700 or a Core i7-4790 @ 3.60 GHz alongside the GeForce GTX 970 or the Radeon RX 480.
The fact that the Core i7-4790 is the recommended CPU means that the game will most likely be limited to four eight threads or four physical cores, and benefiting more from sheer frequency gains. However, the GTX 970 for 1080p high-ultra is rather surprising, as the game was originally designed for much older hardware.
Minimum System Requirements (720p):
- OS: Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 64-bit
- Processor: Intel Core i5 @ 2.40 GHz or higher (Intel Core i5-7400T)
- Memory: 4 GB DDR4 RAM
- Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 750 or AMD Radeon R7 260X
- DirectX: Version 11 (DirectX 11)
- Network: Broadband Internet connection
- Storage: 80 GB of available space
Recommended Requirements (1080p):
- Processor: Intel Core i7 @ 3.00 GHz or higher (Intel Core i7-9700 / Core i7-4790 @ 3.60 GHz)
- Memory: 8 GB DDR4 RAM
- Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 or AMD Radeon RX 480