GamingNews

Cyberpunk 2077 was Pre-Ordered by 8 Million People: 59% on PC

CD Projekt Red has released the details pertaining to the pre-order count of their new title, Cyberpunk 2077 across various platforms. As per the studio, the game was ordered ahead of the release by 8 million people, with the bulk of them being PC copied.

Around 59% of the ordered copies were for PC (Steam and GOG) while the remaining 41% were for consoles (PS4/PS5 and Xbox One/SeriesX|S). This is pretty impressive as it’s usually the consoles that are responsible for most of the sales.

It would make sense that CDPR is giving preferential treatment to the PC port, as the higher quality settings on the platform look much better than the Xbox Series X and PS5 versions. However, this is to be expected as the next-gen consoles are running the game using a backport of the PS4/Xbox One versions. The native port is expected to come to the Series X and PS5 in early 2021.

Areej

Computer Engineering dropout (3 years), writer, journalist, and amateur poet. I started Techquila while in college to address my hardware passion. Although largely successful, it suffered from many internal weaknesses. Left and now working on Hardware Times, a site purely dedicated to.Processor architectures and in-depth benchmarks. That's what we do here at Hardware Times!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Back to top button