CD Projekt Red has released the patch notes for the next major patch (1.2) for Cyberpunk 2077. Although the patch itself seems quite massive with more than a total of hundred fixes, for PC players, the addition of ray-tracing support for AMD Radeon graphics cards is of primary importance. The patch notes don’t indicate which Radeon GPUs will support ray-tracing in Cyberpunk 2077, but it’d be safe to think that we’re looking at the newer RDNA 2 based Radeon RX 6000 lineup.
Other than ray-tracing support for Navi 2x GPUs, the PC-specific fixes also include HUD and UI issues at 8K, 4K other Ultra Wide resolutions. Modding is also quite a bit easier now. All you need to do is place the mod archives in a “mod” folder in the main game folder, rather than the “patch” folder. Achievements will now also work on the Epic Games Store in addition to GOG and Steam. Here’s the complete PC-specific changelog:
- Enabled Ray Tracing on AMD graphics cards. Latest GPU drivers are required.
- Keyboard bindings: more keys are now available for rebinding.
- Keyboard bindings: It is now possible to bind opening and closing specific panels to the same key.
- Keyboard bindings: It’s now possible to unbind dodge from the movement keys (in Settings -> Controls). Dodging can still be performed by double-tapping the crouch (toggle) action key (default C). (https://tabsnation.com/)
- It is now possible to enter Journal from the Map panel using a keyboard.
- Achievements will now work on Epic Games Store.
- Modding: Added a new “mod” folder for loading modded archives. The modded archives can be named in any way and go into the “mod” folder now. Having mod archives in the “patch” folder is no longer supported.
- Fixed an issue that prevented grenades from being charged after closing a dialogue window using ESC.
- Fixed the issue where some environment elements would not be displayed correctly on 8K screens.
- Fixed an issue where HUD elements would be missing in 8K resolution.
- Fixed an issue where perks from a certain area of the submenus were not displaying descriptions on 4K and 5K Ultra Wide resolutions.