Amidst a steady influx of Assassin’s Creed leaks, a staple now for the series, is a brand new one posted by a certain user on Reddit. Signing off as “Baphomet”, the user suggests that “Assassin’s Creed: Origins II (Ragnarok/Kingdom)” will embrace the side of the Templars, similar to what AC Rogue did a few years back.
- It will be about Vikings
- Name is not Kingdom nor Ragnarok
- Hidden Blade present
- Shield is back
- You can change the main character’s gender like in Odyssey (canon is the female)
- Main character’s name is not Jora
- Scandinavia isn’t the only territory
- Even more RPG elements than Odyssey
- Lots of “supernatural” content related to the First Civ
- No co-op
- The plan is to still release it by the end of the year
- Reveal in late-April or early-May
Now the latest rumor rejects most of these statements by claiming that Assassin’s Creed 2020 is another instalment like Assassin’s Creed Rogue. Players will take on the role of a Proto-templar wielding some viking swords in a game allegedly titled Assassin’s Creed: Origins II. These proto-templars will feature the symbol of the Valknut and the whole game will give us the origin of the Templar Order, hence the “II” in the Origin. Contradicting the previous leaks further, he states there will be no hidden blades.
At this point in time, it has been pretty much confirmed through sources and leaks that there is a Viking game in the making. With E3 cancelled, Ubisoft is probably gearing up for a reveal anyway within the coming weeks, and a release window within this year is said to be targeted.
Regardless, Assassin’s Creed 2020 is in development and we only need hold our breath for a few more weeks for some official confirmation.