CPUsNews

AMD’s Ryzen 7 5800H, Intel’s Core i5-10400F/11400F: Most Popular CPUs in China

The CPU market in China follows separate rules from the rest of the world. It’s usually the F series SKUs on Intel’s side and Ryzen 5 variants from AMD that dominate the DIY market in this region. The latest figures from a top retailer/SE reaffirm this trend. In the first quarter of 2022, AMD’s Ryzen 7 5800H was the most popular notebook CPU, followed by Intel’s Core i7-11800H. These are both octa-core SKUs from the Cezanne and Tiger Lake-H families, respectively.

In the desktop segment, Intel’s budget Core i5s were the dominant force. The Comet Lake-based 10400F maintained its position at the top of the chart while its Rocket Lake successor came in second. AMD’s Ryzen 5 5600X came in third, making it the only AMD CPU among the top 8. The latest 12th Gen Core i5-12400F is already the fourth bestselling SKU.

Looking at the overall CPU share, Intel controlled roughly 80% of the market in both the desktop and notebook segments while clinging onto the remaining 20%. It would seem that Team Red still has ways to go in the Asian market, something which will be even more challenging with the launch of the Alder Lake and the upcoming Raptor Lake processors.

Via: Mydrivers

Areej

Computer hardware enthusiast, engineering dropout, and PC gamer. Former co-founder of Techquila (2017-2019), a fairly successful tech outlet. Been working on Hardware Times since 2019, an outlet dedicated to computer hardware and its applications.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Back to top button