CPUsNews

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D Sells 11x More than Intel’s Most Popular CPU Week Before Christmas

As Christmas and New Year sales climax, retailers are going crazy with promotional and seasonal discounts. Barring minor adjustments, CPU prices have remained largely the same since the beginning of the month. The same can be said for sales trends. The Ryzen 7 7800X3D is the most popular processor, beating every other chip by a wide margin. Numbers compiled by TechEpiphany indicate that the Zen 4 V-Cache part was the only one to sell more than a thousand units.

The Ryzen 7 7800X3D sold 1,480 units, nearly 4x more than the Ryzen 5 7500F, the most sold Zen 4 offering. The Core i7-14700K was Intel’s most popular CPU but failed to sell more than 130 units. The Ryzen 7 5800X3D was the second-most-popular SKU with 950 units sold. Per these numbers, AMD’s most popular processor sold 11x more than its Intel counterpart.

Overall, AMD sold 5,940 units, accounting for 88.52% of the market, while Intel sold just 770, making up the remaining 11.48%. The ASP for Blue chips was €351, while their Ryzen rivals were slightly cheaper at €266. This was mainly due to several Ryzen 5000 parts making it to the top ten.

Digitec is another major European retailer dominated by the Ryzen 7 7800X3D. Four of the top five spots are currently held by Ryzen chips, including the 7950X3D, 5800X3D, and the 5700X. The Core i7-13700K is the only Intel part in this segment. Our previous coverage of Amazon, Newegg, and Microcenter still holds as the bestsellers charts are most unchanged. You can go through that below:

AMD’s Ryzen 7 7800X3D was the #1 Bestseller for the 9th Straight Month, Selling 13.6x More than Intel’s Most Popular Chip

When reporting, the Ryzen 7 7800X3D was the cheapest at Microcenter, going for just $349, followed by Amazon and B&H with a price of $379.

Areej Syed

Processors, PC gaming, and the past. I have been writing about computer hardware for over seven years with more than 5000 published articles. Started off during engineering college and haven't stopped since. Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Divinity, Torment, Baldur's Gate and so much more... Contact: areejs12@hardwaretimes.com.
Back to top button