After the release of the first graphics driver for the Radeon RX 6000 series GPUs (and older) in months, AMD has followed it up with another timely update. Adrenalin Edition 23.2.2 brings day 1 support for Atomic Heart and Company of Heroes 3 while fixing a bunch of known bugs on the Radeon RX 6000 and 7000 series graphics cards.
The driver includes optimizations for all Radeon GPUs up until the Polaris family, which was released back in 2016. It’s worth noting that NVIDIA has yet to release its GameReady driver for Atomic Heart and hasn’t officially released a driver optimization for Hogwarts Legacy.
- Support for:
- Atomic Heart™
- Company of Heroes™ 3
- Corruption may be briefly observed when moving Netflix video between displays or minimize-to-fullscreen on some AMD Products such as AMD Ryzen™ 7 6800U.
- Maximum encode bitrate is limited to 100Mbps for certain applications.
- AMD Bug Report Tool pop-up or system hang may be observed after driver upgrade on some hybrid graphics notebooks.
- Application crash may be observed while playing Hitman 3™ with ray tracing settings enabled.
- Valve Index® VR headset may show a blank screen with 144Hz refresh rate setting on Radeon™ RX 7000 series GPUs.
- Certain videos played with Movies and TV may briefly show corruption when moving the window between displays on some AMD Graphics Products such as AMD Radeon™ RX 6700 XT.
- Situational performance drop may be observed in DirectX® 11 based games on Radeon™ RX 6000 series GPUs using Ryzen™ processors.
- High idle power has been observed when using select high-resolution and high refresh rate displays on Radeon™ RX 7000 series GPUs.
- Video stuttering or performance drop may be observed during gameplay plus video playback with some extended display configurations on Radeon™ RX 7000 series GPUs.
- Application crash may be observed while opening Premium Gold Packs in EA SPORTS™ FIFA 23.
- Some virtual reality games or apps may experience lower-than-expected performance on Radeon™ RX 7000 series GPUs.
- Brief display corruption may occur when switching between video and game windows on some AMD Graphics Products, such as the Radeon™ RX 6700 XT.
- Metrics overlay may intermittently re-size to 50% after gameplay.
- Corruption may be observed in Returnal™ in certain scenes with ray tracing enabled on Radeon™ RX 6000 series GPUs.