AMD’s latest graphics driver, the Adrenalin 2020 Edition 21.1.1 provides a sizable boost in performance to the Big Navi graphics cards in Hitman 3. Before this update, the Radeon RX 6800 XT and 6900 XT were slower than their NVIDIA Ampere rivals, but according to reports from multiple outlets, with the new driver, the former actually manages to beat the RTX 3080 by as much as 10%.
NVIDIA is yet to release its GameReady driver for Hitman 3 so there’s a good chance that the lead will soon be erased or even turned around. The reason why we’re yet to see a GeForce driver for this game is cos, while Hitman 2 was an AMD partner title, the third one is an Intel-sponsored game.
Here’s the list of fixed issues with the latest Radeon driver:
- The recording and streaming overlay indicator may sometimes reset itself to the default position.
- Performance Metrics Overlay size may intermittently reset or may not match values that are set in Radeon Software after performing a task switch.
- The Radeon Software installer screen can sometimes display the incorrect release date of the Radeon Software version you are installing.
- Performance Metrics Overlay may flicker during video playback on displays with HDR enabled.
- Reflections in Grand Theft Auto V may fail to appear when ‘Reflection MSAA’ is enabled in the game settings.
- PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds session timer may continue in Radeon Software even after the game has been exited.
- DOOM Eternal may experience an application crash while gaming and having Steam overlay enabled.
- Recorded content from Radeon Software may appear cropped or recorded at an incorrect resolution on Radeon RX Vega series graphics products.
- The Samsung Odyssey G9 C49G95T may experience display or corruption issues when set to 5120×[email protected]
- Anisotropic Filtering in Radeon Software graphics settings is not taking effect in DirectX9 applications on RDNA graphics products.
- Some displays such as the Sceptre C series or Samsung Odyssey G9 series may experience an intermittent black screen on Radeon RX 6000 series graphics products.
- Oculus Link users may experience intermittent crashes on Polaris and Vega series graphics products.