AMD Desktop CPU Share in Korea Falls on Account of Shortages

As per the latest stats from Danawa Research, Intel has regained some of its lost market share from AMD in the DIY segment on account of the limited Ryzen 5000 supply. As of November 2020, Intel held a lead of 15% with a share of 57%, with AMD clinging to the remaining 42-43%.

Source (Via)

The situation is expected to improve for AMD in December with an increase to 48.6% by the end of the month, and Intel’s lead dwindling to just under 3%. However, Davana predicts that Intel will once again regain some of that lost share in January, with a predicated lead of roughly 11% by the beginning of February.

That’s around the time Intel will launch its 11th Gen Rocket Lake-S processors, so the situation is ought to further improve for Team Blue in the coming months. At the same time, AMD’s supply should be, more or less, back to normal by then, so it could go either way.

Regardless, it seems that the overall impact of the Zen 3 based Ryzen 5000 processors has been blunted by the weak supply and overpriced listings. How the chips fare in the coming year will depend on how well the Rocket Lake-S lineup performs compared to contemporary Ryzen parts.


Computer Engineering dropout (3 years), writer, journalist, and amateur poet. I started my first technology blog, Techquila while in college to address my hardware passion. Although largely successful, it was a classic example of too many people trying out multiple different things but getting nothing done. Left in late 2019 and been working on Hardware Times ever since.

One Comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button