It has been nearly three years since Microsoft launched its exclusive MMO, Sea of Thieves on the Xbox and PC. In terms of days, the game has now been around for exactly 1,000. In honor of this accomplishment, MS has decided to release some interesting figures pertaining to the in-game player feats:
Since the launch of SoT, the game was:
- played by over 15 million players;
- 1,087,778 players became cannon shells;
- 10 million player characters vomited;
- of these, 114,000 players used vomit to blind their opponents;
- at least 1,000 skeleton captains were killed;
- 2.1 million captain’s chests donated;
- 2.7 million players defeated the Kraken;
- 469 thousand players have become legendary pirates.
All players will be getting in-game pirate armbands with the red letter M (for Millennium) on them. Players who pre-ordered the game or have been playing since launch will get a gold letter instead of red on the same armband, as a token of thanks from the developers.